Family Strengthening Programme
The Family Strengthening Programme is a preventive intervention designed to prevent children from being abandoned or losing parental care. At present, there are over 17,000 children at 32 locations across India under this scheme.
How Do We Strengthen Families & Communities
1. Provide Essential services to Children
- Nutrition & Health
2. Empower Women
- Create sustainable livelihoods
- Create and strengthen SHGs
- Capacity building and Financial Literacy
- Access to government schemes
3. Empowering Communities
- Children’s Collectives - Voice of children in decision making
- Sensitization on social issues affecting children
- Collective action to create an enabling environment for fulfilling Child Rights
4. Working with Government
- Create linkages for access to govt. schemes.
- Support and strengthen government monitoring processes
- Provide platform for discussion and dialogue with the government
All Donations to SOS India are 50% tax exempted u/s 80G.