1. In partnership with DHL India, SOS India works towards Empowering Underprivileged Youth: SOS Children’s Villages of India in alliance with DHL India works towards empowering youth coming from vulnerable, weaker sections of society through Project Kaushalya. The aim of this project is to inculcate employable skills in youth to help them get equipped with job opportunities. This is done at the Vocational Training Centres initiated by SOS India, where training is given to youth who fall between the age group of 18-25 years. SOS India has enrolled 1239 youths till date since inception out of which, 853 have successfully completed their course.
2. SOS India celebrates SOS Day with fervour: Celebrated on 23rd June, 2017, SOS Day marked the 98th birth anniversary of Hermann Gmeiner, founder of SOS Children’s Villages. Offering of prayers along with cultural programmes all across our projects was witnessed with active participation of children, mothers and all village co-workers. The ceremonies also included singing of a special birthday song for the occasion. Children in SOS Villages spoke about Hermann Gmeiner, their ‘Dadaji’.
3. International Yoga Day observed with enthusiasm in SOS India: International Yoga Day is celebrated worldwide on the 21st of June. Youth and children along with their mothers from SOS Children’s Village Guwahati visited Decathlon Azara to participate in the Yoga Session organized there. The sessions were led by Mrs. Bibha Baruah, member of the Art of Living Happiness Programme. The programme initiated with Surya Namaskar (sun salutation) and was followed by other useful yoga asanas. In addition, children were educated about the importance of implementing yoga in daily life; they also took a resolution to practice yoga at least three times a week.
4. 40-Day Summer Festival in Bhopal: SOS Children’s Village in Bhopal organized a 40-day Summer Festival for children in the month of June. As part of the festival, children were taken on a tour and visited heritage sites like Bimbetka, Iqbal Memorial, Gohar Mahal, Moti Masjid and Taj-ul-Masjid and Sanchi Stupa. This helped them to learn about Bhopal’s culture and history. In addition, activities like badminton, dance and music competitions and carrom were also conducted for children.
5. World Environment Day: World Environment Day is observed on June 5th every year worldwide. On the occasion, youth from SOS Children’s Village Hyderabad organized a tree plantation programme in collaboration of the Resident Association Members of BHEL MIG Society. Awareness creation was done by youth by creating slogans, display cards and by planting trees; this effort was appreciated by everyone including Mr. Venkat Reddy.
- Lead to Lift: Vision of the Youth
- July Round up
- August Round up
- September Round up
- International Women’s Day: Liberating Women One Step At A time
- International Day of Happiness: Finding Joy Within
- March Round Up
- New Beginnings Are For Everyone
- April Round Up
- May Round Up
- Celebrating ties of Loyalty, Truth and Honour
- World Day Against Child Labour: A Step Towards Change
- June Round Up
- A peep into the life of a child without a home
- MALNUTRITION IN CHILDREN: A Raging Concern