1. International Women’s Day Celebration: On the International Women’s Day, 2017, two of our SOS mothers Ms. Supriti Patnaik and Ms. Rani were awarded the Indian Women Achievement Award at Faridabad. They were among the 30 other women achievers of the area who were facilitated for contributing to the society in their own ways. All nominations were from varied backgrounds that included teaching, advocacy, social work, dancing, singing etc. The event was hosted by Enormous Blue and was attended by about 500 women.
Celebrations for the same were also seen to be at its peak in our FSP Community at Jaipur, where a number of fun-filled activities were organized for all. All the women actively participated and were happy to have a break from their daily hectic routines.
2. Special Olympics World Winter Games 2017; SOS India girls win laurels: Four of our specially abled girls from SOS India were selected to participate in the Special Olympic World Winter Games, 2017, which were held in Austria from 14th-25th of March. While Kiran, Diksha and Dulfisha participated in Floor Hockey and won a Bronze medal in the same, Vidushi participated in Floor Ball and was also awarded the best player award in her team. These four young women have different degrees of disability but were determined to overcome their circumstances and win over them. Sports have been their forte since childhood and it is only because of their diligence and hard-work that all of these girls have come this far in their journey.
NDTV Prime covered the story of Kiran, Vidushi, Diksha and Dulfisha and a documentary showing their journey to success was created. The telecast for the same took place on the 18th and 19th of March, 2017.
Watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhmgBW3wS1M
3. SOS india boys at state level mini Handball Championship win a Bronze medal: SOS India all boys team participated in the State Level Mini Handball Championship at RM Inter College Banka and bagged the third position. A total number of 28 teams from 22 districts of Bihar were seen to part of the tournament, wherein our team won a continuous series of four matches and made it to the semi-final. Our team was defeated in the semi-finals by the district team of Patna; it was a very close match. To make it to the third place, our SOS India team defeated the district team of Muzaffarpur.
4. SOS India recognized as a Superbrand: SOS Children’s Villages of India is the first Indian NGO to be invited to be part of the Superbrands 2016 circle. The fifth edition of Business Superbrands was held on 24th of March, 2017 in New Delhi. 1,100 brands were screened for the Awards prior to the grand finale. These premier brands were rated against its proprietary six-point mark on a scale of one to ten. 33 brands made it to the final list of Awardees of the Business Superbrands 2017 this year which included names like Vodafone, American Express, Apollo Hospitals, Yes Bank, Anchor and many more leading names. Winning brands have the priviledge to use the Superbrands honour for 18 months as a proof of their excellence.
The award ceremony had two young achievers from SOS Children’s Villages of India to present the awards to the heads of all 33 companies along with the MD, Superbrands India Mr. Anmol Dar. These two girls who gave away the honours belong to Village Bawana. Top performers in sports, both the girls were able to spread joy amongst the audience, making the event a huge success.
Secretary General of SOS India Ms. Anuja Bansal appealed to all premier brands to come forward and contribute to the cause.
- Lead to Lift: Vision of the Youth
- July Round up
- August Round up
- September Round up
- International Women’s Day: Liberating Women One Step At A time
- International Day of Happiness: Finding Joy Within
- March Round Up
- New Beginnings Are For Everyone
- April Round Up
- May Round Up
- Celebrating ties of Loyalty, Truth and Honour
- World Day Against Child Labour: A Step Towards Change
- June Round Up
- A peep into the life of a child without a home
- MALNUTRITION IN CHILDREN: A Raging Concern