1. Ms. Anuja Bansal Receives the Exceptional Women of Excellence 2017 Award: Ms. Anuja Bansal, Secretary General of SOS Children’s Villages of India was honoured with the Exceptional Women of Excellence 2017 Award by Women Economic Forum- WEF. The glorious event was held on September 12th, 2017 at Taj Vivanta, Dwarka. She was chosen as one of the many other inspiring panellist speakers and addressed the audience by speaking on Innovating for Wellness for All.
Women Economic Forum is a global conference that fosters empowering conversations and connections among women, helping ordinary women to reach great heights.
2. Training Programme for Counsellors and Social Workers: SOS India organised a five day training programme for 30 counsellors and social workers from various Children’s Homes run by the State of Meghalaya. This was done with the idea of taking forward the mandate of forging technical partnerships with the Government and was held from September 11 to September 15. The programme was inaugurated by Mr. T Dkhar, Commissioner Secretary, WCD Department, Government of Meghalaya and Ms. Anuja Bansal, Secretary General of SOS Children’s Villages of India.
3. Youth from SOS CV Greenfields Visit the Delhi Book Fair 2017: To foster good reading habits and re-ignite the interest of children in books, SOS Children’s Village Greenfields organised a visit for the youth to the Delhi Book Fair 2017 in Pragati Maidan. Youngsters were excited to see the variety of books on Science and General Knowledge and to browse through a huge collection of books on different subjects.
4. Dr. Kiran Bedi Visits SOS CV Puducherry: A surprise visit by Dr. Kiran Bedi, Lt. Governor of Puducherry, was made to SOS Children’s Village Puducherry. www.overnightglasses.com Besides interacting with children, she also conversed with many SOS mothers; additionally, she dropped by family homes, computer labs and libraries. In order to inculcate reading habits among children, she assured that the libraries and labs be filled with more books. It was a joyous day for all and she concluded the day by saying “SOS Children’s Villages of India is the right place for a child’s growth.”
5. Excelling in the Education Segment:
- Hermann Gmeiner School, Bhuj: Our innovation was selected by the Innovation Committee among all entries received across India from various SOS Projects and received Rs. 5 lakh as an Innovation Fund for making Bhuj School “A Green School”.
- Hermann Gmeiner School, Varanasi: An inter school Mathe-Genius test was held in the month of September in which, out of 14 students two of our students bagged the 2nd prize in their respective categories.
- Hermann Gmeiner School, Jammu: At the Inter School level, Kabaddi for girls under the age of 19 was organised by the District Youth Services & Sports; the team won a gold medal.
- The J&K (Jammu and Kashmir) Judo Sports council organized Judo Sub Junior Trails, in which the school won two gold medals.
- Vocational Training Center, Nizamuddin: We have expanded our association for placement of students with Marks & Spencer, Visual Media Monitor, Ceragem Industries Pvt. Ltd, R Lamifilm Korea Pvt. Ltd. and have placed eight students in these companies.
- Under the Hari Krishan Sayal Scholarship, Ms. Anupriya from SOS Village Greenfields, Mr Vishnu Telam from SOS Village Raipur, Ms. Pallavi from SOS Village Bhimtal and Ms. B. Sai Kanaka Mahalaxmi from SOS Village Hyderabad were selected and an amount of Rs. 2, 34,450.00 was received by them.
- Under the Kundra Scholarship, Mr. Harish Madinga from SOS Village Rourkela and Mr. Somnath Rath from SOS Village Bhubaneswar were selected and an amount of Rs. 48,600.00 was received by them.
- Create a Better World for Children By Collaborating With One of The Best NGOs in India
- Empower Children and Shape Successful Citizens for the Future
- Why You Must Donate to The Cause of Children’s Education
- Donate & Save Tax
- Creativity in pedagogy facilitates an enhanced learning experience
- Your Mind Matters the Most – How to Keep it Well?
- Giving, Philosophy of
- The Key to Empowering the Self
- Being an Ambassador of Change simplified
- The Power of Donate Now Online
- Lead to Lift: Vision of the Youth
- July Round up
- August Round up
- September Round up
- International Women’s Day: Liberating Women One Step At A time