1. Muruga Sirigere from SOS India wins the Hermann Gmeiner Award for 2018
Dr. Muruga Sirigere along with Ms. Maria Anggelina from Indonesia has been conferred with the prestigious Hermann Gmeiner Award 2018. While Muruga is a physician from India, Maria is an activist against human trafficking in Indonesia.
The bi-annual award honours inspiring, energetic women and men who were cared for and raised in the SOS Children’s Villages and have now gone on to become role models for many in their communities. Muruga and Anggelina were chosen from the eight finalists selected from a total of 71 nominees from 30 countries across the world.
We are very proud of them!
2. Bimal Dayal, CEO, Indus Towers visit SOS Children’s Village Rajpura
On April 27th, 2018, our children at SOS Village Rajpura had the wonderful opportunity to interact with Mr Bimal Dayal, CEO, Indus Towers and his team. The children took full benefit of the occasion and got valuable insights on their education and career plans. Mr. Dayal and his team also appreciated the work and concept of SOS India and assured us of their long term support.
3. DD National interviews Anuja Bansal, Secretary General, SOS Children’s Villages of India
SOS India’s spokesperson Anuja Bansal appeared on DD National on April 20th, 2018 as part of a live interview. The show was telecasted between 3:00- 3:30 PM (IST), where Anuja spoke about the work and concept of SOS Children’s Villages. Additionally, the programme witnessed the presence of a few children and SOS Mothers from SOS Children’s Village Greenfields.
To watch the complete programme, click here.
- Create a Better World for Children By Collaborating With One of The Best NGOs in India
- Empower Children and Shape Successful Citizens for the Future
- Why You Must Donate to The Cause of Children’s Education
- Donate & Save Tax
- Creativity in pedagogy facilitates an enhanced learning experience
- Your Mind Matters the Most – How to Keep it Well?
- Giving, Philosophy of
- The Key to Empowering the Self
- Being an Ambassador of Change simplified
- The Power of Donate Now Online
- Lead to Lift: Vision of the Youth
- July Round up
- August Round up
- September Round up
- International Women’s Day: Liberating Women One Step At A time