1. International Day Celebrations at SOS Village Guwahati
SOS Children’s Village Guwahati organised a programme on the occasion of International Women’s Day. This witnessed participation of all beneficiaries, including 100 caregivers and 20 children from our Family Strengthening Programme in the area. The caregivers were indulged in interactive sessions on parental skills, which were conducted by Dr. Rita Rani Talukdar, HOD, Psychology Dept., Gauhati University. Additionally, four caregivers were also felicitated for their excellent work during the event.
2. Children from SOS Village Kolkata Support the ‘Safe Drive Safe Life’ Drive
Children and youth from SOS Village Kolkata actively supported the “Safe Drive Save Life” drive organised by Bidhannagar Police Station in association with the West Bengal Traffic Police. After a formal training, the children helped spread the message amongst visitors at the 41st International Book Fair on 11th February. The children were also awarded by the West Bengal Police Department for good performance in a Quiz competition during the drive.
3. SOS Village Bhubaneswar: Best Performing Child Care Organisation
SOS Children’s Village Bhubaneswar received a State level award for the best performing child care organisation. The award was presented in an event organised by Women and Child Development (WCD), Government of India & Mission Shakti Departments of the Odisha Government on March 8th 2018, i.e. International Women’s Day. The occasion witnessed the presence of Naveen Patnaik, Chief Minister, Odisha.
4. Our Children Make Us Proud!
We are proud to share with you that four of our children namely Ashutosh Pandey, Mohd. Sharique, Aman Singh and Anupriya Singh studying at Hermann Gmeiner School Varanasi were awarded Rs.10,000/- each under the Govt of India’s Inspire Awards scheme for their Science exhibits. They also displayed their exhibits at the CBSE National Science Exhibition held at Mount Abu School, Delhi. Kudos to our children!
- Lead to Lift: Vision of the Youth
- July Round up
- August Round up
- September Round up
- International Women’s Day: Liberating Women One Step At A time
- International Day of Happiness: Finding Joy Within
- March Round Up
- New Beginnings Are For Everyone
- April Round Up
- May Round Up
- Celebrating ties of Loyalty, Truth and Honour
- World Day Against Child Labour: A Step Towards Change
- June Round Up
- A peep into the life of a child without a home
- MALNUTRITION IN CHILDREN: A Raging Concern