1. Mother’s Day Celebration 2018
Mother’s Day was celebrated with enthusiasm across all our Villages. Our children left no stone unturned to express their love and gratitude to their mothers, making them feel really special!
Our celebrations got featured in some of the nation’s leading daily newspapers.
2. SOS India celebrates International Day of Families with fervour
Celebrated on May 15th every year, International Day of Families witnesed great enthusiasm among children across all Villages in India.
While in SOS CV Hyderabad, Ms. Satvati, Secretary, Bhoomika Women’s Helpline facilitated the event and spoke about the importance of the Indian Family System, SOS CV Visakhapatnam emphasized the importance of strengthening family values and ethics within its FSP Community.
Family Day celebrations in SOS CV Vishakapatnam
3. Our youth from SOS CV Hyderabad make us proud!
Youth from SOS Children’s Village Hyderabad underwent a 40 days volleyball coaching sponsored by the BHEL Community Center as part of its summer camp. At the end of the camp, several sports matches were organised among different schools that were part of the camp. We are happy to share with you that our team from SOS CV Hyderabad was one of the teams to play in the final volleyball match with Jyothi Vidyalaya School and they were announced as winners.
4. Team Indigo visits SOS Children’s Village Hyderabad
Team Indigo visited SOS Children’s Village Hyderabad and spent quality time with our children as part of a volunteering activity. The team was given a traditional welcome and was given a brief overvie wabout the work of SOS Children’s Villages of India. Visiting the Family Home supported by them, they interacted with children and engaged with them in various fun-filled activities.
Additionally, they also planted a sapling in front the Family Home as a symbol of nurturing their relationship with SOS India.
5. Our children from SOS Village Rourkela made it to the newspapers by spreading the message of road safety!
SOS Village Rourkela in collaboration with RTO Rourkela organised a Road Safety Awareness and Rally programme during the 29th Road Safety Week on 30th April, 2018. The event witnessed the presence of Chief Guest Ashok Kumar Jena, Emergency Response-Regional Transport Office and Basant Kumar Malik, CWC Chairperson, who presided over the event. A total of 80 children, youth and co-workers from SOS Village Rourkela participated in spreading road safety awareness among the public.
6. Our children had a great time with the team of Indus Towers!
On 27th April, 2018, our children at SOS Children’s Village Rajpura had the wonderful opportunity to interact with Mr Bimal Dayal, CEO, Indus Towers Limited and his team. The children took full benefit of the occasion and got valuable insights on their education and career plans.
Mr. Dayal and his team also appreciated the work and concept of SOS India and assured us of their long-term support.
7. SOS Children’s Village Jammu honoured on World Red Cross Day
The World Red Cross Day celebration on May 8th in Jammu witnessed the felicitation of prominent social activists and organisations of the city. We are glad to share that SOS Children’s Village Jammu was honored with a certificate by the Hon’ble Cabinet Minister, Dr. Jitendendra Singh, PMO, in the presence of many other dignitaries.
8. Happiness galores with the glorious victory of our youth from SOS CV Begusarai!
A team of 20 handball players from SOS Children’s Village Begusarai took part in a District level championship held at Kanruddinpur from May 27th to May 29th, 2018. We are happy to share with you the glorious victory of our team in the ‘Under 14 Boys Category’. Additionally, our team was also the runners up in the ‘Under 19 Boys and Girls Category’.
The championship was organized by the Begusarai District Handball Association, wherein the final event, our team defeated the team of Dularpur Village in the ‘Under 14 Team Category’. SOS India is very proud of them!
- How CSR Can Help Improve Children's Education In India
- Hugs are more effective than drugs – A lesson learnt in SOS village
- Create a Better World for Children By Collaborating With One of The Best NGOs in India
- Empower Children and Shape Successful Citizens for the Future
- Why You Must Donate to The Cause of Children’s Education
- Donate & Save Tax
- Creativity in pedagogy facilitates an enhanced learning experience
- Your Mind Matters the Most – How to Keep it Well?
- Giving, Philosophy of
- The Key to Empowering the Self
- Being an Ambassador of Change simplified
- Lead to Lift: Vision of the Youth
- July Round up
- August Round up
- September Round up