The month of September marked the onset of the last quarter of the year. While our day to day work kept us on our toes, achievements of our children and fun-filled updates from our Villages helped us stay engaged and motivated throughout. We hope you enjoy this monthly round-up of our activities and events at SOS India!
1. Children’s day out with Lt. Governor Kiran Bedi
Our children from SOS CV Puducherry were invited for an exclusive film screening with Lt. Governor Kiran Bedi at Raj Nivas on 7th September 2018. Together, they watched Kala Parvat (Karu Malai- Tamil), a film that focuses on sensitizing children towards caring for animals. Additionally, at the end of the screening, Ms. Bedi interacted with our children and guided them for their career plans.
Our children had a wonderful time at Raj Nivas! Thank you, Ms. Bedi, for giving this opportunity to our children.
2. Preetha soars high and makes us proud!
Preetha, one of our girls from SOS Village Nagapattinam, has made us all proud by receiving the Kamarajar Award for her outstanding performance in academics and extra-curricular activities. A student of class 11th, she received a citation and a cash prize from Mr. Edappadi K. Palaniswami, Honourable CM of Tamil Nadu.
Well done Preetha, keep up the good work!
3. SOS India joins hands with Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC)
SOS Children’s Villages of India collaborated with Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) in a ten day project to raise awareness about their #NoChildAlone Campaign. This campaign aims at bringing in light the importance of a family in the lives of parentless and abandoned children.
The ten day long campaign was spread in three phases at the following locations:
(a) Kashmere Gate (Line 1 & 2): 11th Sept- 13th September
(b) Rajiv Chowk: 14th Sept- 17th September
(c) Janakpuri West (Line 3): 18th Sept-20th Sept
- Create a Better World for Children By Collaborating With One of The Best NGOs in India
- Empower Children and Shape Successful Citizens for the Future
- Why You Must Donate to The Cause of Children’s Education
- Donate & Save Tax
- Creativity in pedagogy facilitates an enhanced learning experience
- Your Mind Matters the Most – How to Keep it Well?
- Giving, Philosophy of
- The Key to Empowering the Self
- Being an Ambassador of Change simplified
- The Power of Donate Now Online
- Lead to Lift: Vision of the Youth
- July Round up
- August Round up
- September Round up
- International Women’s Day: Liberating Women One Step At A time