1. Anna’s legacy gift gives a dream home to retired SOS mothers in Hojai
To honour selfless dedication of retiring SOS Mothers, SOS Children’s Village Hojai has inaugurated a new retired Mother’s Home with the support of an Icelandic donor Anna Kristin Ragnarsdottir, and SOS Children’s Village Iceland.
The SOS Hojai project with the support of SOS Children’s Village International have come up with a model mother’s retired home.
June 30, 2019 was a blissful day for SOS Children’s Village Hojai as the dream project of Retired Mother’s Home was inaugurated with tremendous joy.
2. Kerala Management Association Award for best Child care NGO in Kerala
For the second time again, SOS Children’s Village Kerala received the Kerala Management Association Award for the Best Child Care NGO.
This recognition was granted at Hotel Monsoon Empress, Cochin, where SOS Kerala had participated in the panel discussion.
The chief guest at the event was Ms. Sheeba George IAS, Director of Women and Child Development, Department of Kerala.
3. Youth from SOS India participate in skill development workshops on World Youth Skill Day
On July 15 every year, World Youth Skill Day is marked to promote youth skills development and abilities.
Joining the global celebrations to mark the day, youth from both Family Like Care and Family Strengthening Programme across SOS Children’s Villages of India got the opportunity to learn about various skills required in different fields and the importance of Youth Skill Development.
A settled youth Nitin from SOS Children’s Villages of India, currently working with Maruti Suzuki and a student of engineering from National Institute of Technology – Prabhat also talked and shared views on the importance of Youth Skill Development at SOS Children’s Village Faridabad. Meanwhile, children from SOS Children’s Village Raipur and SOS Children’s Village Bhopal were taken for exposure visits and sharing sessions.
4. ‘Child Rights in India: An Unfinished Agenda’ report launched!
Thirty years after global leaders promised to protect the rights of all children, millions are not in school, face poverty, exploitation, violence, neglect, and abuse.
A new report, A Second Revolution: 30 years of child rights, and the unfinished agenda, says it is time for the global community to fulfil the broken promises of the UN Convention of the Rights of the Child (UN CRC).
#JoiningForcesForChildren the alliance of six organizations is set to ensure rights for every child.
5. Telugu actor, Mr. Nani endorsed our #NoChildAlone campaign
#NoChildAlone campaign is a call to acknowledge the plight of 2 Crore children without adequate parental care in India and evoke response to ensure that over 26,000 children under the care of SOS India will never be alone again. Ever since its launch the campaign has received overwhelming support from people across India.
The very famous Telugu actor Mr. Nani also endorsed our #NoChildAlone campaign. We wholeheartedly thank him for his support & time. Together we can ensure no child grows up alone.
6. Civil service topper 2019 in Kerala Ms. Srilakshmi visited SOS Children’s Village Kochi
On 23 July, 2019, Civil service topper in Kerala Ms.Srilakshmi visited SOS Children’s Village Kochi and interacted with the children. She inspired the children to dream high, work hard and achieve their goals.
Apart from this, she engaged in various village activities by attending the evening prayer and visiting a few family houses. She spent about 3 hours in the Village interacting with the children, SOS Mothers, co-workers and the Village Director.
- How CSR Can Help Improve Children's Education In India
- Hugs are more effective than drugs – A lesson learnt in SOS village
- Create a Better World for Children By Collaborating With One of The Best NGOs in India
- Empower Children and Shape Successful Citizens for the Future
- Why You Must Donate to The Cause of Children’s Education
- Donate & Save Tax
- Creativity in pedagogy facilitates an enhanced learning experience
- Your Mind Matters the Most – How to Keep it Well?
- Giving, Philosophy of
- The Key to Empowering the Self
- Being an Ambassador of Change simplified
- Lead to Lift: Vision of the Youth
- July Round up
- August Round up
- September Round up