1. Our girls shine bright at the Special Olympics World Summer Games 2019
We are happy to share with you that Manimeghlai and Shruti have won a gold & silver medal, respectively, in the 500m Time Trial Cycling Event on 16th March 2019 at the Special Olympics World Summer Games 2019, Abu Dhabi. The SOS India Family is extremely proud of its champions!
2. Another feather in the victory hat for SOS India!
We are proud to share that SOS Children’s Village Bhubaneswar has won the 2nd prize as the Best Performing Child Care Institution 2018-19 from the Ministry of Women & Child Department, Government of India, and Mission Shakti.
3. Safety comes first at SOS India
Children of Bal Panchayat from 6 FSP clusters in Varanasi attended a two day first aid training. It was conducted by the Red Cross Society in collaboration with St. John Ambulance Brigade as an effort towards preparing them for emergency events. While the day highlighted good learning for the little ones, it had many fun activities for everyone too! littlescholarsnyc.com
4. International Women’s Day celebration at SOS India
Globally celebrated on 8th March every year, International Women’s Day is a call to celebrate womanhood and strive towards building a gender balanced world. At SOS India, we took particular joy in celebrating this day across all our Villages!
5. We run to protect mother earth!
36 children accompanied by six co-workers had an amazing experience running for the SBI Green Marathon in Jaipur, organised by Radio Mirchi at the SMS Stadium on 3rd March 2019. The marathon was organised to create awareness about the imbalance in nature and for humans to take a step to adopt a healthy lifestyle and understand the responsibility towards their environment.
Thank you Radio Mirchi for this opportunity!
6. Holi celebration at SOS India
To celebrate the festival of Holi, all childcare institutions gathered at SOS Children’s Village Faridabad on 20 March 2019. The occasion was graced by the presence of Chief Guest Mr. Shripal Karhana, CWC Chairperson, who interacted with children and representatives of CCIs present there. While new members of the Child Welfare Committee of Faridabad, District Child Protection Unit and childcare institutions participated in the cultural function, they also played Holi in its true spirit amongst each other after the programme.
The day was thoroughly enjoyed by everyone!
- Create a Better World for Children By Collaborating With One of The Best NGOs in India
- Empower Children and Shape Successful Citizens for the Future
- Why You Must Donate to The Cause of Children’s Education
- Donate & Save Tax
- Creativity in pedagogy facilitates an enhanced learning experience
- Your Mind Matters the Most – How to Keep it Well?
- Giving, Philosophy of
- The Key to Empowering the Self
- Being an Ambassador of Change simplified
- The Power of Donate Now Online
- Lead to Lift: Vision of the Youth
- July Round up
- August Round up
- September Round up
- International Women’s Day: Liberating Women One Step At A time