SOS Children’s Villages of India collaborated with Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) in a ten day long activity to raise awareness about their #NoChildAlone Campaign. Aiming at educating people about the importance of a family in a child’s life, this initiative shared information about alternate parenting for children in need of care and protection to ensure they grow up in a loving family environment. As part of the campaign, people signed pledges to ensure the holistic development of once parentless and abandoned children. Additionally, it was recorded that over 7000 people were informed by the end of this engagement.
This initiative was run across three earmarked locations across Delhi between 11th September’18 to 20th September’18 and the locations designated for the same are as below:
1. Kashmiri Gate: 11th Sept-13th Sept
2. Rajiv Chowk: 14th Sept-17th Sept
3. Janakpuri West: 18th Sept-20th Sept
About #NoChildAlone Campaign
#NoChildAlone Campaign is a step to ensure that over 26,000 children under the care of SOS Children’s Villages of India will never be alone again.
SOS Children’s Villages of India has always responded promptly to the call of children in distress or rendered homeless or orphaned in natural and man-made disasters across India. Tireless efforts have been made by SOS India to ensure that no child grows up alone and that their lives are transformed with its customized long term care.
Through our two flagship programmes Family Based Care (FBC) and Family Strengthening Programme (FSP), we ensure that children without parental care grow well within a loving home under the care of a mother and that support is provided to those who are at the risk of losing parental care respectively.
- How CSR Can Help Improve Children's Education In India
- Hugs are more effective than drugs – A lesson learnt in SOS village
- Create a Better World for Children By Collaborating With One of The Best NGOs in India
- Empower Children and Shape Successful Citizens for the Future
- Why You Must Donate to The Cause of Children’s Education
- Donate & Save Tax
- Creativity in pedagogy facilitates an enhanced learning experience
- Your Mind Matters the Most – How to Keep it Well?
- Giving, Philosophy of
- The Key to Empowering the Self
- Being an Ambassador of Change simplified
- Lead to Lift: Vision of the Youth
- July Round up
- August Round up
- September Round up